Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Ready, Set, Go

Thanks to the generosity of the Pittulloch Foundation and the willingness of many folks to take care of my family in my absence, I am off to the Middle East to explore the ground of our faith. Guided by the highly knowledgeable and experienced biblical archaeologist Max Miller, we will see sights in Syria, Jordan, Egypt, Israel and Greece. I hope you will check in regularly and leave comments for me as I embark on this odyssey. We leave May 14 and will return June 4. Please pray that our travels will be guarded by the One who neither slumbers nor sleeps. Psalm 121.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Be safe my friend. I can't wait to share this journey with you, even if it is via a blog!

Janet and Harry said...

We are fascinated to know about your special journey!
You and Max Miller have something in common that neither of you can imagine! Years ago, he and Harry met through the Danforth Foundation, and he later STAYED IN OUR HOME when he came to lecture to the local Sigma Xi chapter!!! His wife and I were classmates at Queens. Please give him our regards. We have you in our prayers. Janet and Harry

Carol S. said...

Max is a walking encyclopedia! He was along for most of my pilgrimage in Feb-March. Have a great time. Carol