Sunday, May 20, 2007

ME

I noticed looking at my blog that there are no pictures of me, so you might be worried whether I am really here. So here is one. That's me in the white tee-shirt at the base of Hadrian's gate at the south entrance to Jerash. I'll try to do better in the future! So - when Hadrian came to town, the local folks of Jerash built this grand gate for him. When he entered the city he would have passed 900 columns as he went down main street. Tomorrow we are off for Petra but on the way we will worship on top of Mt. Nebo where Moses looked into the promise land and we might get our first glimpse of the dead sea.

4 comments:

PreacherMom said...

What a wonderful journey so far! Thanks for your great descriptions. I wish we were along with you. Eric and I went to Petra together soon after we met each other in Jerusalem. I'm writing on Monday afternoon here in Decatur, so I'm assuming that you've already traveled the crescent canyon. Did you hike to the High Place? I thought it would have been a great place for a proposal, but we'd only known each other for two weeks, so the opportunity was lost . . . Ha! Keep up the great posts; It wonderful to journey with you along the way. Know we are holding you close to our hearts in prayer. And this morning, in honor of YOUR family's tradition, we sat down at the breakfast table together, and even had a devotion out of my book, "Devotions for Boys". :) Blessings sweet friend!

seaywhat said...

Caroline,
Thank you so much for keeping us informed about your wonderful trip. I have asked the people of my congregation to keep you in their prayers for safe travel and a meaninful visit to the cradle of our faith. I look forward to hearing lots of great stories about your trip when I see you this summer. I love you sister!
Nancy

Lisa said...

I love this photo! You are so small in contrast to the monument. Kind of an allegory for life and God's plan...at least for me! Anyway....it is now almost 10 days later. I need more pictures and commentary!

Marci Glass said...

Glad you are having a great trip!
Can't wait to hear all about it when you get back.
Have a great summer!